Neil Collins, CFP®
Senior Financial Advisor
Neil is a successful entrepreneur and business owner. After selling his profitable Massachusetts newspapers (16 weeklies), his interest in financial planning and investing led him to obtain the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation. He went on to work for a Boston wealth management firm and then build his own fee-only practice. He joined Journey in 2015 after selling his Collins Financial Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisory firm.
Neil joined Journey in May of 2015 after selling his Collins Financial Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisory Firm. Neil is a successful entrepreneur and business owner. Neil’s sale of his profitable newspapers (16 weeklies) in Massachusetts and his interest in financial planning and investing led him to obtain the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, working for a Boston Wealth Management firm and then building his own fee-only practice.
- Is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Earned the Certificate of Financial Planning from Boston University
- Founded and sold Collins Financial Advisors
- Joined Mintz Levin Financial Advisors
- Bought, operated and sold Journal Transcript Newspapers
- Earned a bachelor of science in management from the University of Buffalo
- Served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War
Neil works with select clients when he is not traveling and realizing his own potential as an artist, golfer, foodie or new grandfather. He and his wife Nancy enjoy being snowbirds, shuttling between Maine and Florida, in addition to visiting their children in Minnesota and San Francisco.