Peggy McGillin, CFP®
Principal & Founder
Peggy McGillin, CFP® helps clients clarify what is most important to them, has a keen ability to break down complex decisions and is adept at propelling clients to act, so they achieve their goals. As a business owner and founder of Journey Wealth Partners, Peggy is committed to Journey’s clients realizing their potential. Peggy is responsible for building and maintaining the practice and ensuring the highest standards and best-in-class practices for firm leadership, management, operations, compliance, and the delivery of expert and meaningful asset wealth management outcomes for clients, along with career development and growth for the Journey Team.
Peggy is a fee-only independent Registered Investment Advisor and the principal of Journey Financial Planners in Concord, Mass. Peggy graduated from Northeastern University and New York University’s Stern School of Business.
Her desire to assist professionals in maximizing their resources began during her corporate and entrepreneurial careers and tenure at client driven independent wealth management firms in New York, Washington, and Massachusetts. Journey’s clients are from North America coast to coast and hail from Europe, Asia, and Canada and are experts in their fields and are driven to live their best lives.
- Is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Earned the Certificate of Financial Planning from Boston University
- Is an instructor for the University of Massachusetts’sTax School for Practitioners, an IRS approved educational entity, and a member of the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc.
- Passed the broker Series 7 and Series 66 exams but decided against working at commission-driven brokerage firms
- Is a member of the Massachusetts Financial Planning Association, NAPFA, the Concord Chamber of Commerce, and Provisors
- Sold WOWFactor, Inc., an Internet firm she founded in 1995, to publicly traded Frontline Communications in 1998
- Has extensive product management and development experience with AT&T and business development with venture-backed and closely held firms
- Earned a Master of Business Administration at New York University’s Stern School of Business
- Earned a Bachelor of Science in business administration with majors in finance and insurance & international business at Northeastern University
Peggy lives in Boston and Nantucket Mass. with her husband Frank. She enjoys being with clients, colleagues, friends, family, and being outdoors, entertaining, running, biking, swimming, yoga, reading and traveling. She rode and raised funds for the Pan-Mass Challenge in 2014, 2015, 2017. Peggy is a prior board member of OpenTable.org whose mission is to provide healthy food, friendship and support to those in need while respecting their privacy and dignity via community dinner programs and food pantries in Concord and Maynard, MA. She looks forward to time with her kids, live music and thinking about getting a puppy.